Patients are showercare®’s main users. Nevertheless, all of the major stakeholders involved can significantly benefit from showercare® usage. From healthcare providing facilities, Public or Private healthcare systems to healthcare professionals, they all benefit from using showercare®.
Patients, showercare® main beneficiaries can:
- Enjoy a warm and comfortable bath
- Take advantage of high levels of comfort, privacy and dignity without transfering or moving to a bathing area required
The hygiene care, in bed, with running hot water as describe in literature, allows the maintenance of patient’s vital signs, and consequently helps maintain hemodynamic stability and high comfort levels.
- Allows a reduction on time spent with hygiene procedures, up to 50%;
- Ensures a bath with comfort and dignity;
- Averts unnecessary efforts, without the necessity of transferring or moving the patient;
- Gives comfort and dignity for healthcare providers.
Healthcare Units and Health Systems:
For Healthcare Units and Health Systems public and privates showercare®:
- Allows an effective and much-needed means to prevent Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI);
- Ensures comfort and dignity to all parties involved in hospital in-bed bathing – both patients and healthcare providers;
- Reduces incidence and prevalence of HAI’s;
- Reduces mortality due to HAI’s;
- Streamline bed baths with operational and time spending gains;
- Reduces poor patients hygiene running costs with substantial gains to underlying health systems.